Past Project: 50 Louis St. NW - Grand Rapids, MI
The Trade Center was originally built in 1916 for use as a furniture center. The seven story structure was used for manufacturing but also office and retail. Additionally, a portion of the sixth floor was utilized by the Masons as a meeting place, which is still intact and is used for events and art installations. The building was acquired by The Prairie Real Estate Group in 2004 with several tenants already in place. Although the 85,000 square foot building was operational at acquisition, there were several major improvements needed. Aside from replacing the boiler heating system, a few of the floors have been completely renovated. The Prairie process of bringing back the original building materials’ nobility and craftsmanship illustrates the buildings true potential. The Trade Center continues to be a key building in Grand Rapids downtown business district.